Stop! That's right--I'm talking to you, Time!

Best walking buddy, chatting with her fave snowman,
Rudolph and a pig!
How can we be in December already? Time is flying, and I'm grabbing at it with both hands.

I have too much to do. Too much that can't be done in time. I want to sit back and enjoy the holiday lights and the music. (Pandora's Swingin' Christmas channel runs year round, so that's not as difficult as getting to everything else.)

Mostly, I want to play with my family.

But I have things to do so I'm going to share the list I should make with you, and maybe I'll start crossing things off it.

  1. Clean the closet. I don't want four tons of office supplies to fall on a child.
  2. Clean the rest of the house.
  3. Buy the gifts. (Assuming I can figure out what to buy. Wish I had more time to make.)
  4. Wrap the gifts.
  5. Decorate. (We have to decide whether the children/cat will eat the tree. So far--no conclusions.)
  6. Decide on dinners.
  7. Shop.
  8. Can I make anything ahead of time? Freeze cookie dough?
  9. Write. (3 projects in 3 different stages.)
  10. Read? (It is to laugh! See above--my nemesis, Time)
  11. Go see Gary Oldman play Winston Churchill. 
  12. Enjoy the holidays with my family.


November 2016 Heartwarming--On Sale! .99!
That last one is the one that should come first and foremost. I hope it's the one you're putting first, too.

What are the holiday "have-tos" weighing on your mind? I hope you don't have heavy ones--like my guest room closet.

The very best holiday wishes to you and yours! May the coming new year be full of happiness for you all!

Anna Adams is a USA Today Bestseller, who's written for Harlequin Heartwarming and Superromance, as well as the annual holiday anthologies set in Christmas Town, Maine. In Heartwarming Holiday Wishes, she contributed Santa's Secret Heart. Her most recent Heartwarming novel, A Christmas Miracle, is part of a set of the November 2016 Heartwarming novels on sale for .99 right now. You can find her at https://www.facebook.com/AnnaAdamsAuthor/

Comments

  1. I can completely relate. Plus there's mail gifts, address and mail cards, and help with two volunteer projects I agreed to long ago when I thought I'd have lots of time this December. Wishful thinking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Beth, I knew I was leaving things out! And I'm with you--I thought there'd be more time! I hope we all remember to just stop and take some to enjoy this special season with the ones we love best!

      Delete
  2. I can relate to everything on your list except # 11!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha! I just thought I'd throw it in there on the off chance... Actually, a movie used to be part of our holiday tradition, but lately we don't seem to work it in. I may actually try to this year!

      Delete
  3. I hear you, Anna. I keep making new lists everyday. Book due in two weeks, presents, upcoming trip, cards, etc., etc. I loved Santa’s Secret Heart!! Let me know if Gary Oldman does as good a job as John Lithgow in The Crown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh, I'm thinking we can all only do so much. So that's what we can do. ;-) Thanks so much for your kind words for Santa's Secret Heart. I loved writing that story. About three years ago, my brain went a little funky with diabetes, and I feel as if Santa was the first real story where I was writing like myself again. I want it to be as good as writing it felt! :-) So--you just got one gift right out of the way, and thanks!

      I'm way behind on The Crown. Have you enjoyed? I'm so nuts for another royal wedding!

      Delete
  4. You are spot on. I hope to mail some gifts tomorrow as all of my family except my sis is long distance this year. I did get a few decorations up. But Christmas is far too close to Thanksgiving to suit me. We will get things done, we are WOMAN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're way ahead of me, Roz, although I did start culling The Closet of Doom after I wrote this post. (Shamed myself into it!) Thanks for the pep talk, though. I seriously need it, and I'm thinking all the holidays are flying by so fast I can't manage to enjoy them properly! All the best to you and yours, sweet Roz!

      Delete
  5. Anna, I'm just going to go ahead and commandeer your list. So, thank you, that will save me some list-making time. Seriously, I wish time would stop, too! I'm still recovering from the craziness of my family-packed Thanksgiving week complete with traveling, a day after wedding in a mountain lodge, trips to the airport, etc. I need Christmas to wait another month or so. I agree with Roz about the holidays being too close together. (I think we should move our Thanksgiving to October like Canada.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol, I'm trying not to envy your mountain lodge, and I really wouldn't mind another month of Christmas movies and carols and eating--so I'm in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the reminder to get on my list, Anna! I do have all of the decorations up, but I need to start on my Christmas cards, shopping and baking. I know you're dying for some snow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jill, you're so far ahead of me! We have to make a decoration decision soon, but I could string some lights. Absolutely dying for snow, but doubting we'll see any. Wouldn't it be lovely, though? Wishing you and yours all of the holiday's best--and the happiest new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm trying to accept that I don't have time to Do It All. We need to make that a Heartwarming mantra... Great post, Anna, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Liz! The trick is to enjoy what we have the time to do! Best holiday wishes to you and yours!

      Delete

Post a Comment