Holiday Ornament-Palooza! by Anna J Stewart

By now, most of you who follow me on social media or have read my previous posts know I love (love, love, love) the holiday season. I'm chomping at the bit to get the decorations up and have to force myself to wait until Thanksgiving (I almost didn't make it this year). I've got boxes and bags and cabinets filled with holiday decorations, a lot of which I don't have room for but can't bear to part with.

Over the years, I've been more selective about what goes on the centerpiece of my holiday display, my tree. This poor pencil slim tree is on about year 20 I think. Every year I think this is the year it won't cooperate, that the branches won't separate or more needles will be on the carpet than cling to the "trunk". But good news! It's up again...and here are three of my favorite ornaments dangling high and low.

This one is actually one I bought for my mom on my first trip to Orlando (RWA a few years ago). She loves all things space and hey! The airport has a NASA shop! I love when she hands me this out of the box because I know the smile on her face is genuine.



This little guy was a gift from one of my best friends. She brought him home from a trip to Europe for me. She used to be one of my critique partners and that year, we each received a bee member of the band (our group was called the Tiny Killer Bees). So yes, I collect bees (but there aren't a lot as ornaments believe it or not). I just love this little conductor guy, who sits about in the center of the tree keeping everyone on task in their holiday splendor.


This ornament might be a bit older than I am. I grew up in a lovely neighborhood in San Francisco's Sunset district. There was a little coffee shop on the corner my mother, grandmother, and I would often go to. I think I was about three when the owners gave this to me one holiday. It's so beautifully made and it brings back all those wonderful childhood memories whenever I put it up on the tree (close to the tippy top). They also served really yummy donuts (I love donuts).


That's right, I only picked three (I lost count how many are actually on my tree). But that's my bit of holiday sharing for the year. Thank you so much to our readers, our editors, and to my fellow Heartwarming authors for another spectacular year of sweet romances. I so love being part of this amazing and talented group of people. And take a look at my upcoming March release!  Is this cover not absolutely gorgeous?! Wonder if I can find a way to put that up on my tree...

Now...tell me what your favorite ornament or decoration is for the holidays? What's one that always makes you smile when you pull it out of storage? Tell me in the comments.

Merry Christmas, happy holidays, and a very blessed and safe New Year to all!

~Anna J



A geek since birth, USA Today bestselling romance author Anna J Stewart began her life-long obsession with TV and movies back in the 70's with shows like Wonder Woman and the Bionic Woman, but STAR WARS, Stephen King, and Nora Roberts made her want to be a writer. Her upcoming March release is ALWAYS A HERO, the fourth in her Butterfly Harbor series for Harlequin Heartwarming. Read more about Anna and her books at www.authorannastewart.com. 

Comments

  1. Anna, Love this! My favorite thing about ornaments is also the memories that come along with them, making me think about people I adore and places I've been. I have a new one I love for my tree this year that will always makes me think about RWA Orlando(; Thanks for giving us an up-close look at your tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely way to remember all the wonderful times for sure, Carol. Happy decorating! <3

      Delete
  2. Anna, I too love to get out the ornaments every year and touching those special ones again. Some remind me of trips, others of my childhood or my children’s childhoods. All good memories. Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna, I love your ornaments, and the pictures you had on Facebook of your tree. We started each of our girls with a tree the first Christmas after they were born. And we bought them a special ornament each year. And have now done the same with our grandkids. Since Denny died my trees get smaller each year and my own special ornaments are stored for someday my girls will divide them up. I still can't resist buying ornaments for people. P.S. Your cover is beautiful. Looking forward to reading the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roz! For stopping by and sharing your traditions. I know your girls will adore those ornaments. <3 Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  4. My twins were 10 months old on their first Christmas. I have locket ornaments with their pictures in red and white striped nightgowns. They're my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous cover, Anna! My favorite Christmas ornaments were four kittens that climbed through the branches one year. Alas, they grew into cats--two left and the two that stayed behind prefer to snooze under the tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks, M.K.! I'm so glad those ornaments survived your kitty apocalypse! I'm so grateful mine doesn't climb, LOL. Have a wonderful Christmas!

      Delete
  6. I love Heartwarming covers! And ornaments. I couldn't begin to pick out three, but I know I developed a real fondness for gingerbread men the year we did our first Christmas Town anthology. I love the memories that come with your favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, gingerbread men. I think I need some of those for my trees. <3 Merry, Christmas, Liz!

      Delete
  7. Those are lovely ornaments--the stories about them are the best part. And another winning Heartwarming cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Virginia. I agree on the cover--I've been so lucky and they keep getting prettier. <3 Have a lovely holiday season and new year!

      Delete
  8. I love your ornaments!. I have lots of special ones, but I think my favorite is a silver locket my husband's grandmother gave us when my son was born. It has his date of birth and name crossstitched on one side and his photo on the other.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment