Good Morning and Happy Monday to Everyone!

Yeah, I know a lot of people don’t look forward to Mondays, but this particular one is kind of special for me. It’s my first time here at the Heartwarming Blog. For posting, that is. I’ve stopped by often in the past to read and enjoy the different offerings by the amazing authors who call this place home (waving a big hello to my friends).

I can’t begin to tell you how happy I am to be a member of the Heartwarming family. Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I’ve been a Harlequin author since 2005 when I first sold to the line that was then called American and later changed to Western. After thirty-plus books, I’m sorry to say the line closed. My last Western book, The Bull Rider’s Valentine, will be available January 2018.

Luck, however, was very much on my side, and I’m now writing for Heartwarming. Anyone who’s familiar with me knows I love contemporary western romances, and I’ll be continuing to write those for Heartwarming. I don’t have a release date or title yet for my first Heartwarming book, but I’ll be sure to keep you posted.

If you’re at all interested about me, I can tell you I’m the mother of grown twins, a boy and a girl who are both out of the house and on their own (mostly). I’m also fairly newly married. I re-met my husband at our high school reunion several years ago and we tied the knot this past December. It’s truly my personal romance story come true ☺. I have an obnoxious cat for a muse (Ozzy pens his own mini-column in my monthly newsletter) and a special needs dog I’m convinced loves my husband more than me even though I’m the one who feeds him. While I don’t have any horses these day, I did own and ride them from the time I was a teenager until a few years ago and embraced the country way of life right down to raising chickens and growing my own vegetables.

But, seriously, that’s more than enough about me. Tell me something about yourself. I love connecting with readers and hearing about you, what you like to do, your families, and especially what you like to read.

Warmest wishes,

Cathy McDavid
www.cathymcdavid.com
www.facebook.com/cathymcdavidbooks
www.twitter.com/cathymcdavid

Comments

  1. So nice to meet you Cathy! I was also warmly welcomed a little more than a year ago and reading this blog is my daily ‘fix’ for a laugh, a shared experience or simply the pleasure of being part of a very special group. Congrats on your upcoming release as well as your first Heartwarming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see you here, Cathy! I'm not big of Monday either...especially the rainy kind, like we're experiencing this morning. I write for Harlequin Love Inspired. It's nice to meet you. Congratulations on your upcoming release!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, welcome, welcome. You know far too much about me as is. Ha ha! I think I've read all of Cathy's books and can't recommend her stories enough. We were even in a continuity set together that was fun as Cathy kicked off the series in the American line. I look forward to your first Heartwarming and many more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a great series, Roz. I was thrilled to be included with you and the other great authors :)

      Delete
  4. Welcome, welcome, welcome! I love ya, Cathy. So glad you're here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound fun, Cathy! I'd love to hear from our readers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Cathy. It's great to have you here. And congratulations on your recent marriage. My brother and his wife are also a high-school reunion love story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome, Cathy! My grandson and his wife are about to welcome twins, a boy and a girl, to their family. December if she carries to term. Any tips!!!??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia, Tell your grandson and his wife not to expect a lot of sleep for a while :) My two were almost 8 weeks early, but did very well and came home after a couple weeks with no problems. Hard to believe my son, who is now 6'4", was 4.3 pounds when I brought him home from the hospital. And my girl was 3.8 pounds.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Cathy. I'll pass it along! She is so miserable right now. But I hope she carries at least until the middle of November.

      Delete
  8. Welcome Cathy!!! I loved your Western Romance stories and can't wait to read your first Heartwarming. What a cool romance story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. welcome to Heartwarming. Congratulations on your wedding. Sounds like your own romance. Hmm may be a story in the making. I have yet to read a story about a married couple that falls in love all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning--thanks for introducing yourself. I'm fairly new in Heartwarming town myself. I'm glad you're here and am interested in the stories you'll create for this line. I like how you described your lovely country life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Cathy, I'll add my welcome to the group. Looking forward to reading your book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, everyone, for all the wonderful welcome comments. You are really making my Monday great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’m a reader who enjoys visiting the Heartwarming blog. I can’t tell you how many Heartwarming books I’ve read, but it’s a lot. I’m finishing up one right now. I’ve e-met so many wonderful Heartwarming authors here, and they’ve been so kind and generous to me.

    I’m an empty nester, just celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary, have a soon-to-be 17 year old cat, Kit-Kat, who thinks we live to do his bidding, and one of my favorite things to do is read and chat about books within the blogosphere. It’s nice to meet you. ( :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you, too, Laurie! And Ozzy says hi to Kit-Kat. My last cat lived to be a couple months shy of 21. Old cats have a special place in my heart :)

      Delete
  14. I am a mother of grown twins as well - girls. Didn't learn to ride until I was 40 (fyi not easy). Welcome and best of luck with the new line.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very informative site and article, i must bookmark it and keep posting interesting articles.
    A weekend in Abu Dhabi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment