We All Deserve a Break ... and a Hero by Amy Vastine


I have to say this new promotion from Harlequin is pretty amazing. Sign up for Harlequin News and you will instantly be able to download 17 FREE ebooks (including Heartwarmer Karen Rock's Wish Me Tomorrow). Yes, you read that right. You get 17 FREE ebooks just for signing up. It's that awesome. You can sign up by clicking right HERE if you like!

You know what else is awesome? Harlequin heroes. Need proof? Oh, I have proof ...


We've got all the bases covered. Cowboy - check. Navy SEAL - check. Billionaire hottie - check. Policeman - check. Viking with long flowing hair - check. 

Now, we at Heartwarming haven't had a possessive Viking yet (that I know of) or too many alpha billionaires, but we've got lots of down-to-earth heroes for you to love. This month, Karen Rock gives us a rugged cowboy with a heart of gold. Next month, Cynthia Reese introduces us to a gorgeous firefighter. In July, I am thrilled to bring you a record executive in search of the next big thing in country music. 

In my new series, Dean Presley looks like Chris Hemsworth (thanks to all the people who voted on my Facebook page). I was planning on going with Taylor Kitsch because I loved him on Friday Night Lights as Tim Riggins, but the readers spoke and Chris became my muse. What do you think, good choice? I don't really think I could have gone wrong with either one of them. 
Heartwarming heroes can be the guy next door or a professional snowboarder (check out Carol Ross's A Family Like Hannah's ASAP). They can come from small towns or big cities. They're complicated and always have some strong internal conflict going on (it makes our editors so happy). 

I love a charmer with just enough ego to rile up my heroines. I also love a guy who has a soft spot for kids and is good to his mother. What about you? What kind of hero gets your heart pumping? Who makes you swoon and keep turning the pages? 

Feel free to share pictures if you must. (You must!)
______________________________________________________________

Amy Vastine has been plotting stories in her head for as long as she can remember. An eternal optimist, she studied social work, hoping to teach others how to find their silver lining. Now, she enjoys creating happily ever afters for all to read. Amy lives outside Chicago with her high school-sweetheart-turned-husband, three fun-loving children, and their sweet but mischievous puppy dog. Visit her at her website www.amyvastine.com


Comments

  1. Great post, Amy. Thank you for sharing the news about the spectacular Harlequin series promotion.

    I agree with your readers. I'd vote for Chris Hemsworth!

    Your July book promises to be another terrific read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate! I am excited we are July book buddies :)

      Delete
  2. Amy, fun post! What an amazing Harlequin promotion! I don't think you could go wrong with either of those guys. I'm sure it won't surprise you to learn that I don't know who either one of them are lol! (I have heard the name Chris Hemsworth, just didn't know this was him.) A few things I always like in a hero are a sense of humor, thoughtfulness, and a love for animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness. I think you need an intervention! Never seen these guys before? You need to watch all seasons of Friday Night Lights, STAT! And I love a sense of humor as well in my heroes!

      Delete
  3. Good work, Amy! I love your "The Better Man" cover - they're all wonderful, but that hero's smile is powerful! Am passing this on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that cover too! There's something about a hunky guy, smiling, holding a cute kid. It does me in! Thanks, Muriel :)

      Delete
  4. Ah, yes, a soft spot for kids, good to his mother, and loves his dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, dogs is a good one! I love a guy who has a best friend with four legs!

      Delete
  5. I think I'll take one of each, Amy! Like Muriel, I love the cover for "The Better Man" too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jill! One of each would be the dream, right?

      Delete
  6. I love Heartwarming covers! And what a good deal. And I'm afraid I'm like Carol...I didn't know who either of them were. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patricia! What am I going to do with you two? Where's Anna J when I need her? She loves Chris Hemsworth!

      Delete
  7. Amy, Both are hot all right, but Chris gets my vote, too. He's just got that "my hero" look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry. Did you ask a question? I was too busy staring at Chris and Taylor....sigh. I can see what it was so hard to choose. I don't think I could've picked just one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment