The Lee & Helen Show

I’m thrilled to share the wonderful news that beginning next month, new-to-Harlequin author Helen DePrima and I will be teaming up to bring you our special blend of heartwarming fun, facts, and possibly a little frolicsome entertainment here on the blog. We hope you’ll join us every third Thursday as we share news about our upcoming books and our writing lives, fill you in on our current interests and activities...and of course there will be contests and giveaways. For now, here's a little about us.

Helen:
I was born and raised a Kentuckian, growing up on horseback at the boarding stable/riding academy on my grandfather’s farm near Louisville. After spending a week on a dude ranch in Colorado when I was twelve, (2000 head of cattle and twenty head of dudes), I fell in love with all things Western.

In addition to writing, my interests are knitting, quilting, photography and travel. I'm an avid fan of professional bull riding, as my books attest.


Lee:
From the time I was ten years old and read Anne of Green Gables and Little Women, I wanted to be a writer, just like Anne and Jo. I grew up with a very supportive family, so when I started writing romance, I gravitated to close-knit communities and characters with strong family values.

When I'm not writing, I love cooking, hosting family dinners (I go all out with table settings!), interior decorating, animals in general and pets in particular.

We both look forward to chatting with you next month!

Until then,
Lee & Helen


Comments

  1. Hi, Lee, and hello, Helen. Welcome to the Heartwarming blog! My husband grew up in Louisville, so we're almost related! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Heartwarming, Helen, and thank you for the introduction, Lee.

    I loved horses as a kid. My parents sent me to horseback riding camp, and I remember thinking how wonderful it would be to live on a farm and be able to ride every day. Helen, I am just a little envious!

    I look forward to your posts, ladies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping in, Kate! Helen and I are planning and plotting some fun stuff for the blog. See you in May!

      Delete
  3. What fun ladies. It's so great that writers have such varied and interesting backgrounds. Welcome Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire anyone who can ride a horse and make it look easy. Whenever I rode, the horse and I were never in rhythm, and I felt like the worse klutz. Welcome. Look forward to future blogs and your books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, same here, Marion! I love horses...as long as I'm on terra firma and not in the saddle!

      I'm looking forward to books and blogs, too, Lee and Helen! Here's hoping you'll have a great rest of the weekend!

      Delete
  5. How fun, ladies! I look forward to your upcoming posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love horses! And I passed it on to my daughter and granddaughter (who is riding for her Junior medal in dressage).
    So glad to have you with us, Helen and I'm looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning, Ladies! Helen, you'll have to connect with Eleanor Jones, another Heartwarmer, whose family has a stable in the English countryside. Rich prospects for plot and character. So nice to have you, here. Lee - I'm with you loving all animals and our dear pets, but not with cooking and hostessing. Love to have friends over, but it's usually pizza and salad. Anyway - so happy the wonderful Heartwarming family is growing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muriel, I love pizza and salad! We do homemade pizzas once in a while. My favorite is fresh pear with Gorgonzola, Provolone and chopped pecans.

      Delete
  8. So nice to meet a new Heartwarming author. You'll be a part of the most beautiful, creative, fun, sweet and cool ladies out there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie, we are delighted that you think we are all of those things! Thank you for joining us today!

      Delete
  9. Welcome, Helen! It's great to get to know a little about both of you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment