Wishes Dreams and Growing older by Eleanor Jones

Hi I'm Eleanor and this is my first ever blog.

To be honest I didn't even know what a blog was until a fortnight ago so please bear with me. I've been worrying a bit about what to write. Lots of thoughts and ideas have circled around in my head but then I read Muriel's lovely blog about her morning routine and decided to just blog about life.

We all have our hopes and dreams, successes and failures. Sometimes things are going really well and then fate just hits you in the gut with something really bad. Sometimes I wonder how we even dare get up in the morning. What is it I wonder that determines our lives and makes us the kind of people we are? Is it fate, circumstance, or maybe those around us who influence our early years.

Mine is a funny kind of life by some peoples standards. I have lived for many years with my family, a host of varied animals and four or five staff, girls in their teens and early twenties who love horses, want to train and live as family. Latterly even my son, his wife and my two grandchildren have also lived here when between houses. The girls who live and work here come from many walks of life, for some it's just a place to be when things are tough at home and I like to think that we have influenced their lives in a good way as they passed through and maybe helped them to a better future.

My job is to teach riding and help run the stables and household, my passion is to write whenever I have a spare moment -which is often very early in a morning before the day gets going. I used to write teenage pony mysteries, which I thoroughly enjoyed doing, but then I found Harlequin Heartwarming and realised that I could write about both life and love. What gets better than that?

So no matter how old I get, and I have to admit that I'm no spring chicken, as long as people are willing to keep buying my books I get to feel young again and fall in love over and over with every new story I write. I hope that those who read my stories will get the same experience.

We all go through bad times in our lives and maybe we have to have bad times to appreciate the good, but I truly believe that love really does make the world go round. Everyone wants to be in love, no matter how cynical they may pretend to be. Everyone wants to find that certain someone who is always there for you and knows you better than yourself.

In Heartwarming we get the chance to find that certain someone again and again... at least for a little while. So remember, wherever you are in your life, bad times can only get better and there's always someone worse off than you. Just keep believing that and you'll make your own good luck.

Comments

  1. It may have been your first blog post, but it's a lovely one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post. Welcome to the blog writing world!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Sounds like every day is special, not just for you, but for the animals and people you come in contact with. I read every vet book I find. Carolyn Mc, on this blog, wrote one, too, and I devoured it. James Herriot is my all-time favorite author. I am so looking forward to reading yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love James Herriot. I still miss him.

      Delete
    2. Hmmm, methinks it's about time for me to re-read them for the 20th time.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful post! Welcome to the blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Eleanor. What a fantastic way to be able to live---doing exactly what you love to do. Nothing could be better. In another life I worked for 3 pediatrician for 10 years. One always said that kids wouldn't have life problems if they could all have a horse. It seems you are proving that. Looking forward to your book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet post! Welcome to Heartwarming, Eleanor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Eleanor. Well, how dare you look like a spring chicken if you aren't one! Welcome to the Heartwarming Sisterhood and Brother David. It's true that writing about love allows us to reconnect with what romantic love is all about time and time again. Readers relate either because they have love and enjoy seeing it spelled out for them (because your own love is usually too complicated to understand) or because they long for it and love to see our characters capture it. My father loved to go to the races, and I often accompanied him as a teen, so my only experience with horses is from a distance. Thoroughbreds are so gorgeous and graceful. I loved particularly, the ones who walked around the track with the stable dog, a friend who kept them calm. Nice to have you here, Eleanor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much everyone for your lovely comments. It's so great to hear from you all

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome, Eleanor! You will find the loveliest new friends here at Heartwarming! I was terrified of my first blog, so I understand your trepidation! You did beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eleanor, you did a great job with your first blog! Yes, writing about romantic love again and again is what keeps me writing romance novels. I love to see how the characters work through their problems and conflicts and finally get to the HEA.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent first post, Eleanor! Welcome! Your life...job, passion and kids...sounds wonderful. I live in VA horse country and really need to look into lessons for my boys. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment