It's that time of year for Halloween candy!


Check any store sale ad, and you'll see that there's a lot of candy for sale right now. In fact, 598 million pounds of candy is sold at Halloween with a cost of 1.9 billion dollars. It's amazing how fast that can add up!

And what happens to all that candy besides giving tummy aches and cavities? The lucky ones learn to repurpose the candy. A few years ago, a writer I know shared her recipe for the day after Halloween, and I am passing it on to you.

SNICKERS SALAD:

Ingredients:
1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 (12 ounce) containers Cool Whip, thawed
6 Snickers candy bars
4 -6 granny smith apples (or any you prefer)
 
Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until thoroughly blended.
Fold in Cool Whip.
Cut Snickers into bite size chunks and add to cream cheese mixture.
Chop the apples into chunks and stir.
Chill 1 hour before serving.
 
 

It's got to be healthy with the apples, right?
Enjoy!
 

Comments

  1. Syndi! You're my kind of woman with your recipes! (I'm sorry, Jen. I know you'll think it's unhealthy.) First the fried pickles (yum) and now Snickers Pie. Bless you. I'm going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the kind of salad my family would love. Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, you're welcome! My family does love salads like this LOL.

      Delete
  3. I don't have time to prepare food. I just have a Snickers bar with a Nestle Crunch chaser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of it before, but it sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rula, it is very yummy. I know some people who drizzle it with caramel syrup at the end or who add chopped peanuts, and it's all good. I like to think of recipes as jumping off places for my creativity to explore possible changes and perhaps better results.

      Delete

Post a Comment